Friday, July 4, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!! - Barbecue for two.

With no family nearby, planning a 4th of July barbecue is a little lonely.  What is a girl who loves to cook to do???  Make a special barbecue for her husband and herself. 

I started up the charcoal grill and threw on two turkey burgers and two steak burgers.



While the burgers were cooking, I sliced up some onion and dusted them with flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper. I then fried them until they were golden brown and crispy.   I also spiral cut a zucchini and did the same.

When the burgers were cooked, I threw American cheese on the steak burgers and some feta cheese on the turkey burgers.  

Here is the steak burger with bacon, frizzled onions, and cheese on a pretzel bun.



Here is the turkey burger with frizzled zucchini, onions, and tzatziki on a pretzel bun with some frizzled zucchini on the side.


Both of us were FULL....but we left a little room for dessert.

Mike had strawberry shortcake.



Since I am allergic to strawberries, I had black cherry shortcake.  It was delicious because I cooked some fresh black cherries in some black cherry balsamic vinegar.  OH YUM.


So, it is possible to have a delicious, gourmet 4th of July barbecue for two.  

I have to make special mention of the turkey burgers.  Heartland turkey burgers from Walmart were a BIG surprise.  Delicious and juicy without that weird turkey taste.  I recommend them highly.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment