- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-highheat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside. (Skip this step if using the canned potatoes)
- Crush the garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes and put in small bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 orange and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, cover and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add potatoes to the skillet and drizzle with the juice of the remaining orange. Add the squeezed orange halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Pork with mango barbecue sauce
4 pound pork roast
1 cup mango rum
1 pkg frozen mango (or 2 fresh mangoes cut up)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
hot sauce to taste
- Place pork roast in crockpot. Season with salt and pepper
- Place the rest of the ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours
- Take pork out of crockpot. Place on plate and shred with fork (watch out it is hot). Return shredded pork to crockpot.
- You can eat like a stew or place on a tasty roll.
|1.||Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions, garlic, and ground meatloaf mix in oil for 10 minutes, or until the meat is well browned and the onions are tender.|
|2.||Mix in the diced tomatoes with juice, dark beer, coffee, tomato paste and beef broth. Season with chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, coriander and salt. Stir in 1 cans of the beans. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.|