- I am thankful for my wonderful husband Mike. In October we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and I fall in love with him all over again every day. He is stood by me through illnesses, a car accident, major surgery, triumphs, and tragedies. He has taught me to enjoy the little things in life.
- I am thankful for the technology that allows me to "visit" with my family up North. Skype and Facetime has made it so I can actuall SEE that my Dad is doing well after his hip surgery. They let me see how fast my neices and nephews are growing up. While it is not the same as seeing them in person, it helps to take away some of the sting of being so far away from my loved ones.
- I am thankful for having a job. It isn't a horrible job, a fantastic job, or my ideal job, but it is a job. At the library I see so many people who are hurting because they can't find a job. When I am having a bad day at work I try to remember these people and how lucky I am.
- I am thankful for my family. It is so hard to be so far away - especially when Dad got so sick. I really appreciate my brothers and their wives who were able to step in where I was unable.
- I am thankful for my parents neighbors. During Dads illness the Hersteins, Mrs. Dickson, and the Stackpole family have done wonderful things to help my Mom and Dad. I'll never forget that and I pray for them every day.
- My little dog Buddy. He is always there for me. His unconditional love has helped pull me out of the deep depression of living so far from my family and everything I've ever known and living in the horrible place we live. He is my little buddy.
My husband, Mike, and I moved from NJ to Southwest Florida in September 2006. I currently work at the Punta Gorda Library and fill my free time with crafts, reading and my experiments in the kitchen. Our fur kids, Buddy the dog and Nibbles (aka Brutus) the cat, keep us entertained all day.