Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chicken boring??? Not with this recipe

I used to think chicken was boring. Dry, flavorless chicken or fried chicken used to be the norm. I have been experimenting with different flavors and cooking techniques, and I haven't had boring chicken in a long time. 

One of my favorite new chicken recipes is a version of Apricot Chicken.  All you need besides the chicken, is some apricot preserves, either catalina or russian dressing, and onion soup mix. I serve this over rice. If  you like a little heat, you can add a drop or two of hot sauce. 

Apricot Chicken

Ingredients
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 (10 fluid ounce) bottle Russian-style or Catalina salad dressing
1 cup apricot preserves (I used low sugar apricot preserves)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place the chicken pieces in a 4 quart casserole dish. Mix the soup mix, dressing and jam together, and pour over the chicken.
  3. Cover dish and bake for 1 hour in preheated oven.               
  4. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment