About Me

My photo

My husband, Mike, and I moved from NJ to Southwest Florida in September 2006. I currently work at the Punta Gorda Library and fill my free time with crafts, reading and my experiments in the kitchen.  Our fur kids, Buddy the dog and Nibbles (aka Brutus) the cat, keep us entertained all day. 

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chicken boring??? Not with this recipe

I used to think chicken was boring. Dry, flavorless chicken or fried chicken used to be the norm. I have been experimenting with different flavors and cooking techniques, and I haven't had boring chicken in a long time. 

One of my favorite new chicken recipes is a version of Apricot Chicken.  All you need besides the chicken, is some apricot preserves, either catalina or russian dressing, and onion soup mix. I serve this over rice. If  you like a little heat, you can add a drop or two of hot sauce. 

Apricot Chicken

Ingredients
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 (10 fluid ounce) bottle Russian-style or Catalina salad dressing
1 cup apricot preserves (I used low sugar apricot preserves)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place the chicken pieces in a 4 quart casserole dish. Mix the soup mix, dressing and jam together, and pour over the chicken.
  3. Cover dish and bake for 1 hour in preheated oven.               
  4. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment