Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas dinner for my husband

I haven't had much to post lately because I haven't had much of a chance to cook.  No Thanksgiving dinner. No Christmas Eve feast. No delicious dinner on Christmas day.  This year I was a guest.  I know, I know...a lot of people would be happy to not have to cook a complicated holiday meal.  Well, I'm NOT most people.  I love everything about preparing a meal, whether it is just for Mike or for a whole crowd. I love chosing the main dish and the sides. I love trying new recipes before hand to see if it is something I want to cook for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I was extremely sad knowing that I would not get to cook for Thanksgiving OR Christmas. So, today I decided that, since I'm not working, I will prepare a Christmas dinner for my husband.

Roast beef with roasted tiny red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Here is the before picture of dinner in my new Paula Deen roasting pan.




This is a really easy recipe for delicious roast beef.  Take roast out of refrigerator one half hour before cooking to bring to room temperature.  Place in roasting pan, sprinkle with garlic powder (NOT SALT) and cover with thinly sliced onion. If you are roasting veggies with it, place around the roast. Heat oven to 500 degrees. Once oven hits temperature, put roast into oven and set timer for 15 minutes.  When timer goes off, turn the oven off. DO NOT OPEN OVEN. Leave roast in the oven for 15 minutes per pound. (Thi one was in for 1 hour and 15 minutes.) Remove from oven and let the roast rest for 15 minutes before cutting.  DELISH!!

The finished product...



  I can't wait to feed him. It will finally feel like Christmas tonight. Merry Christmas, Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment