Sunday, July 3, 2011

Food experiments - failure and success

Anyone who knows me is aware that I love to "play" with my food. In other words, sometimes I use a recipe and sometimes I don't. This has made my gastronomical adventures very unpredictable. Some of these forays into culinary chemistry have been interesting and not in a good way. A few that I will mention, but not dwell on, are the previously mentioned Chicken Marsala made with SWEET marsala wine Sick smile and the pork carnitas I made with chipotle chilies in adobo. Devil

Baked shrimp with Feta
Baked Shrimp and Feta Cheese
However, some have been quite tasty. I've managed to make a pretty good version of Carrabbas Chicken Bryan as well as their lentil sausage soup. I made a delicious baked shrimp with feta cheese that I still can close my eyes and taste. . I have experimented with compound butters and had great success, particularly the cherry almond butter. TO DIE FOR!




Do you have any funny food failure stories? I know I have quite a few, but I'm happy to say that I've been pretty lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment